Escanaba – 1863-1963 Official Program and Souvenir Booklet
Escanaba High School students are pictured leaving their school building located on 8th Ave. South between 11th and 12th Streets at the end of the school year in 1963. When school started up again in the fall, the high school students attended their newly constructed building on Lincoln Road. The old structure was built in 1907 and was noted for its “beautiful auditorium” and stage and equipment when it was first constructed. A gym, science and home economics rooms were also included. After it was no longer used for a high school, the building was the first home of the newly formed Bay de Noc College. It was demolished in 1989.