U.P. Labor Education Conference set
MARQUETTE – The 24th U.P. Labor Education Conference “Economic & Social Justice” will be held Sept. 19 and 20 at the Don H. Bottum University Center on the Northern Michigan University campus in Marquette.
Featured presenters include:
– Don Maki, Commissioner, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
– Fred Kotler, Labor Relations Representative, Michigan Nurses Association
– Rich Helgren, Area V.P. of U.P. Regional Labor Federation, USW Local 4950
– Mike Martin, Organizer, Ironworkers International Union
– Patrick ‘Shorty’ F. Gleason, Legislative Representative, Michigan Building & Construction Trades
Registration deadline is Sept. 15.
There is a $30 registration fee (includes conference, materials, and lunch). Additional lunch tickets may be purchased for a spouse or friend for $10. The Marquette Children’s Museum, in conjunction with the LAPC, will provide daycare for children 5 years old and over. Contact Cindy at the Ironworkers Office 906-228-6450 to sign up or for additional information. Donations for daycare will gladly be accepted.